buildings and gardens
Our Victorian building is surrounded by beautiful gardens which are maintained by members of the church community as a resource for all to share.
The interior of the church contains a number of features of architectural and historical interest.
The church originally featured stained glass and wall paintings by the firm of Clayton & Bell. Little of this survived the blitz, except for the wall painting of the 'Parable of the Marrriage Supper', which can be seen on the south wall of the chancel.
The organ is an 1891 instrument by the firm of William Hill. Details of its registration may be found on the National Pipe Organ Register.
The unusual font in white marble was a gift by parishioners in memory of Emily Peel, the wife of the Vicar, The Hon. Maurice Peel (son of Arthur Wellesley, 1st Viscount Peel), who had died in childbirth in 1912.
The Chapel of Remembrance was dedicated in 1920, and contains memorials from both the First and Second World Wars; the names recorded include the same Hon. Maurice Peel, who became a military chaplain in 1914, winning a Military Cross and bar before his death in 1917. The Chapel reredos is adorned by a copy of Leonardo da Vinci's The Last Supper, painted by Major J. Horton, whose copy of William Holman Hunt's The Light of the World can also be found at the back of the church.